Followers

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Something A Bit Different For Me..................

Hi.....I didn't mean to leave updating this long.....just don't know where the time is going....but hey ho...!!

 I have something a little different to show you.....well different for me anyways.....so here goes...........



Excuse the terrible photo but I took it with the canvas hung on my kitchen wall in hindsight I should have taken it down to photograph.....big, big senior moment there.....LOL.....!!  Well as the post title says this was something a bit different for me but I enjoyed the project I must say.....in fact I loved making this canvas picture that I have a couple more projects on the go and will post them when I've finished them.

To make the picture I painted a 12 x 8" blank canvas with silver artists acrylic paint........using vinyl I cut out the cutlery...a freebie file from Burton Avenue...on my Cameo........transferred it to the canvas when the paint was dry and then painted over the whole thing with black artists acrylic paint and when that was dry peeled the vinyl off the canvas to let the silver paint show through.  I have to admit I do love the end result and later I think I'm going to do one for my sister to give her when they come over to visit in the summer.

Lastly the following cards are a couple of anniversary cards I had to make.....when I look at the first one now I can see how I could have made it better but it's too late now...LOL...!! 






Well I'm afraid it's that time again.....must go.....will be back soon hopefully.....thank you for visiting my blog I hope you'd like to call again.....until then.....take care...!!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You're card creation are always so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects Maureen. Congratulations.
    Hugs
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debbie and Helen for leaving me your lovely comments......really appreciate them...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That canvas looks great Maureen, the sort of thing you see in a Dept. Store. All your projects are a delight to see you are definitely a lady with flair. xx

    ReplyDelete